User_edit form not saving changes

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support User_edit form not saving changes

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hasnain Abbas 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

nbate
    Participant

I noticed that when a user tries to edit some of their info the pie_password_checker.js throws an error on submit due to an undefined variable – in this case the password field has an id of “field_2” instead of the “password_2” expected by the js validation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dscd8ws45cm7p5m/Screenshot%202016-07-26%2014.03.38.png?dl=0
    screenshot

I’ve looked through the code and this input field id is assigned programmatically, but I could not tell where it is defined or assigned with the literal “field_2”.

Is there a patch for this? or a workaround?

Thanks!

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

Well, there is no such error with it with the latest version neither the profile edit section uses that reference js file for strength validation. So can you confirm what version of PR you’re using?

Thanks

nbate
    Participant

according to my plugins admin panel I’m using 2.0.21 and WP 4.5.3

nbate
    Participant

In case I have been using an older release, I just downloaded the zip file from this site. Then I deactivated the plugin and ftp’ed the new unzipped files and overwrote the existing files.

I noticed many of the new files did have a different file size so I was very hopeful – then I reactivated the pie plugin.

Then I checked the user_edit form with a demo user in an incognito browser window, but found the exact same issue with the id of the password field. It is set to id=”field-2″ instead of “password_2”. New screenshot:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fs9ictfcb1h8gx/Screenshot%202016-07-27%2012.49.30.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fs9ictfcb1h8gx/Screenshot%202016-07-27%2012.49.30.png?dl=0
    screenshot

Note that the password field in the new user registration page is correct. The error only occurs when a logged-in user tries to edit their profile data.

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

The “field_2” is correct ID for the password field on profile edit and there is no error or warning regarding this, If you see a warning or error its more likely other plugin conflicting with the PR script.

Thanks

nbate
    Participant

But your javascript file pie_password_checker.js validates the “password_2” and “confirm_password_password_2” fields – lines 208-247, not the “field-2” or “confirm_pasword_field_2” fields shown in my screenshot.

Is there a separate validation for “field_2” that I’m missing?

Also, I have disabled all other plugins and still receive the error.

Keep in mind this is not on the initial registration page. This is occurring when a user updates their profile.

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

That JS file doesnt use here to validate the field_2 (the confirm password field) on profile edit page. Can you post what error you see on the console? I am not able to reproduce this on my environment.
    Thanks

nbate
    Participant

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Ok thanks for the updated info. We will debug on our dv environment and consider this to be fixed in our next release.

Thanks for your input to make PR a more usefull plugin.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.