Developing the registration form for your WordPress site can take a lot of time and struggle to both code and test.
On the other hand, using a plugin with a drag and drop interface can make this work easy. With Pie Register’s Drag & Drop Registration Form Builder, you can create forms without writing a single line of code and spending more than a few minutes on it.
Pie Register is a Free WordPress Registration Plugin which customizes website registration forms with easy to use features and options that require no coding to set up.
With Pie Register, you can simply drag-drop fields to build a registration form, apply conditional logic, verify and moderate registrations, use invitation codes for invite-only registration, create unlimited registration forms, implement role-based redirection and much more.
It also allows you to create an unlimited number of forms in its PRO version, whereas the FREE version has one default form, which you can customize to edit or add new fields.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to easily create a registration form in WordPress, using the Pie Register plugin.
- Key Features
- Install the Pie Register Plugin
- Create Registration Form
- Edit Form Details
- Add the User Registration Form in your website
- Preview of User Registration Form
- Manage your forms
- Give a user-friendly drag and drop interface to design the forms.
- Help to customize the fields and buttons in the form.
- Add registration form on the site’s dashboard widgets.
Firstly, you need to install and activate the Pie Register plugin for your WordPress site.
Install the Pie Register Plugin
Follow these steps to install the Pie Register plugin.
- Go to the dashboard and select the Plugins section from the side menu.
- And click Add New
- Type Pie Register in the search bar. Find plugin Pie Register – Custom Registration Form and User Login WordPress Plugin.
- Click on Install And wait until the installation completes and Activate button appears.
- Click on Activate button to activate the plugin on your site.
In the next steps, we will create/edit the registration form.
Create Registration Form
To create a registration form, you need to follow these steps:
- Login to your blog/site and go to your dashboard.
- From the left panel, go to Pie Register and click Manage Forms. Here you will see a default registration form.
- Click on Edit form to open form editor or click on ‘Add New’ [Pro] to create a new registration form.
- Add new fields from Default Fields, Standard Fields, or Advanced Fields tabs located on the top right corner of the editor.
- You can add different fields based on how you would like to design form. These can be default fields(username, name, website, AIM, Yahoo IM, Google Talk, About Yourself) or standard fields (text field, text area, drop down, multi-select, number, checkbox, radio buttons, hidden field, HTML script, section and page break) or advanced fields (address, date, time, phone, upload file, profile picture, list, re-captcha, math captcha, honeypot)
- Drag and drop fields to change their position. You can choose any fields and drag it to the main area.
- Move any of the fields by simply dragging them to the desired field or double click to arrange fields in the form.
- Customize fields & buttons by clicking on the edit In order to change the properties of any field, you can click the Edit button on the left side of the field, which opens the options for the field. Each field has a number of properties, which you can alter as per requirements. You can change the label text, add description and placeholder text. By marking it required, you make it necessary for the user to fill in the field. To give a style, you can write a CSS class name.
- To delete a field, hover the mouse over the top right corner of the field and click the cross button.
- Click on the Save Settings
Edit Form Details
Fill the details in the Form Editor, by clicking the Edit Form button of the top-most field.
- Add a label (title) of the form.
- Add a description to convey the purpose of form or add the necessary information for the user here.
- Add CSS Class Name to change the form layouts.
- Specify the alignment of the label either left or top.
- Specify the Registering User Role. This field allows you to select what role the registered user will be. The user may be an administrator, editor, author, contributor, subscriber, customer, or shop manager.
- Specify the methods of User Verification.
- Email Verification: It requires new registrations to click a link sent via email to enable their account.
- Admin Verification: Adminverifies and approves each new user by viewing his profile.
- Enable Conditional Logic to specify the condition for user verification.
Add the User Registration Form in your website
In this step, you will add the registration form into your website so that it is visible to the users. Pie Register gives a shortcode for each form, you can easily use the shortcode to insert the form either to a new page or post.
- Go the sidebar, select Pie Register>>Manage Forms.
- Copy the shortcode of form, which you want to insert in the site.
- From the side menu, select Pages.
- Click on Add New to create a new page.
- Paste the Shortcode
After this completing this step, you will be able to see the registration form on your site and users can use it to register.
Preview of User Registration Form
Once you’re done with the above steps, you can now publish or save the post/page and click on the Preview button (from the top left corner) to preview the form.
Manage your forms
From the Manage Forms dashboard, the table entries show the number of views and submissions for each form. In addition, you can edit, preview and delete the forms.
Note: You cannot delete the default form. However, you can edit or customize it for use.
You can watch the video to perform the above steps quickly.
In this way, Pie Register allows you to create a user registration form in WordPress. You can add and edit new fields in the form as per requirements.
We hope this tutorial helped you and if you got stuck anywhere, write to us at email@example.com.