auto login

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar mary gallagher 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Rich Hughes
    Participant

Hi,

Auto Login would be a perfect solution for our site.
    Do you have an estimated release date for the pro version?

I’m being pushed to get the site live as soon as possible, but I’m not sure whether I should hold on for this Pie Register Pro or look for another solution.

Many thanks,
    Rich

Pie Register
    Keymaster

Hello Rich,

We are going to give you code for this feature as an add-on which you
    can use with free version of PR. This with the understanding that once
    PR pro goes live you will buy a copy of it. If you agree with this,
    please use contact form at our website and contact us and mention this
    topic there,.

Thanks and looking forward for your email.

Thanks
    Mohsin

Rich Hughes
    Participant

Hello Mohsin,

Thank you very much for your help, I couldn’t have asked for a better compromise!!

I’ve been in touch with Support and looking forward to hearing from them!

Thanks again,
    Rich

Syed Abdul
    Participant

Can anyone help me. I am trying to make auto login after registration. I put this code to theme function.php

function auto_login_new_user( $user_id ) {
    wp_set_current_user($user_id);
    wp_set_auth_cookie($user_id);
    // wp_safe_redirect( home_url() ); OR…
    wp_safe_redirect( home_url(‘/joinus/’) );
    }
    add_action( ‘user_register’, ‘auto_login_new_user’ , 10, 1);

but it is not working. Please help me for the correct & tested code. Thanks

mary gallagher
    Participant

Hi, Syed.
    The code you are using is still working for me. (My last post said redirection was to incorrect page. That is resolved although my notes don’t say how.) Can you tell me what is happening after a registration is submitted? Are cookies enabled? I am using version 2.0.14 of Pie Register and Tempera as my parent theme.

Above, Moshin suggested using the pie_register_after_register hook. Perhaps using that hook and just doing a redirect in your function would work.

Cheers, Mary

Syed Abdul
    Participant

This is my site http://www.advanced-minds.com/ when you click on get started its go to the Registration Page. When register it go to the Congratulation page but it still not login automatically. When you click on the Get Started button it goes to the video page but it still need to login then goto the video page. Video page is actually private page.

mary gallagher
    Participant

As I understand it, the redirection is working. How are you sure that the user is not logged in? The Get Started button goes to the login page. The way I structured my app was to include a php if (is_user_logged_in()) test on each private page. If the user is not logged in, an else clause redirects to the login page. Once the user logs in, the Pie Register settings would automatically redirect the user to the video page – if that is where you want a logged in user to first land. It looks like your videos-page is currently automatically redirecting to the login page. But, these are just my observations without having created a registration.

To quickly test whether the user is actually getting logged in automatically, I suggest you create a “Hello world” page and set that to the destination for your hooked function. (Do not change any of your current Pie Register settings.)

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Installation’ is closed to new topics and replies.