Remember me not working

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support Remember me not working

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hasnain Abbas 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Steve
    Participant

The remember me option on my site does not seem to set the expiration date of the cookie. it still shows an expiration for end of the session.

I have tried changing themes but still not setting an expiration date.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Steve.

Steve
    Participant

Thinking it might be a plugin conflict. I setup another site with a fresh WordPress install and just the pi-register plugin. With the plugin active the remember option does not work.

WordPress version 4.1

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please try to disable Pie-Register and use default wp-login and see if this is working as expected otherwise it may be related to your server configuration.

Please confirm.

Thanks

Steve
    Participant

yes i tired that and it did work with the plugin disabled

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

It’s really strange, PR uses wordpress own remember me feature, so if wordpress remember me feature working for me the PR should work as well.

Can you please post the expected behavior and what it been doing? So i can forward it to our engineers?

Thanks

Steve
    Participant

Sure. When logging into my site and I check off the remember me box the expiration date on the cookie says “When the browsing session ends”. It does not update to the default WordPress amount of two weeks. if I disable the plugin and use the default WordPress login and check the remember me option then the cookie gets updated with the default 14 day expiration date.

I have tried this with the default twenty fourteen theme on a fresh WordPress install with the same results.

Thanks

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the updated info, I am having team looking into this issue
    with all the information you provided, I will update you once we done.

Thanks for your patience.

Best,
    Mohsin

Steve
    Participant

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing back.

Hans Zimmer
    Participant

Do you have a solution?! Because I have the same problem.
    I already tried to use the WordPress Login Form, but if Pie Register is active, remember me won’t work…

Torsten Liebig
    Participant

Mohsin Abbas,

the error lies in the incomplete call of wp_set_auth_cookie() (pie-register.php 2.0.17, on line 944, 979 and 992).

You’re calling
    <?php wp_set_auth_cookie( $user_id ) ?>

the correct function call is
    <?php wp_set_auth_cookie( $user_id, $remember, $secure ) ?>

You need to check against <?php isset($_POST["rememberme"]); ?> and set $remember accordingly for wp_set_auth_cookie().

It think this should be solved quite quickly – you’re already using the correct core function, and just need to add the parameters. For details, the codex in all it’s greatness is here to help: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_set_auth_cookie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.