Admin connection failed

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support Admin connection failed

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hasnain Abbas 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author

freddela
    Participant

I have a critical problem . When I log in as an administrator with the login form of PR , the connection fails because of a redirect loop. The navigator try to open the admin page (https://copperprodev.coppernic.fr/wp-admin) without success.

redirect

In the Frontend Settings/Redirect Logged-in Users, I have tried NO instead of YES. Now , I stay on the login form page but I can’t go to my back office !!

settings

When I log in as a subscriber, everything is ok.

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience this may occurred to you. The “Redirect Logged In Users” option is only to make PR pages accessible by a logged in users or not. It doesn’t affect on “Redirection on Login”. However, can you please try to login on a different browser or clear out your cookies to see if it working again? Also please let us know the PR and WP versions?

Thanks

freddela
    Participant

Hello,

I tried with different browsers (chrome, firefox , IE, safari…), I deleted caches, cookies, disable others plugins and It does not change anything.

Version WordPress : 4.3.1
    Version PR : 2.0.20 (But now I had to install the previous version 2.0.17)

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

Do you have SSL enabled on your site and for wordpress login?

freddela
    Participant

As you can see in the adress bar (https://copperprodev.coppernic.fr/), the website use the https protocol for security reasons.

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update, I will have team lookup the issue and we will get back to you asap.

Thanks

freddela
    Participant

thank you very much

freddela
    Participant

Hello,
    Have you found a solution to my problem ?
    Thanks

cwjordan
    Participant

I am seeing the same symptoms as freddela when I try to upgrade from version 2.0.17 to 2.0.20 (in a development environment). I have briefly tried 2.0.18 and 2.0.19 and could not reproduce the problem there, so I amy upgrade to 2.0.19 instead for now. I do have “define(‘FORCE_SSL_ADMIN’, true);” set in my wp-config.php file, but removing that doesn’t fix the problem.

cwjordan
    Participant

In fact, if I change line 945 of pie-register.php in version 2.0.20 from:

`wp_set_auth_cookie( $user->ID, $creds[‘remember’], $piereg_secure_cookie );
    `

to

wp_set_auth_cookie( $user->ID, $creds['remember'] );

then I can log in and go to the admin page okay, without the redirect problem. So does appear to be something with SSL.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.