Text area problems (line breaks, quotation marks)

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support Text area problems (line breaks, quotation marks)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hasnain Abbas 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

evani2003
    Participant

Hello,

I have a similar issue like described here: https://pieregister.com/forums/topic/line-break-in-textarea/

We are using the “Text Area” field. We want that the users could add some text about themselves in this field. Some users want to add line breaks here, but after saving all line breaks are deleted. Another problem are quotation marks added to this field. Every time after saving, a new slash is added before the quotation mark (after a while it looks like ////////”)
    Please have a look at this issue. It would be gerat to have a tiny mce edior or something like that for the “Text Area” field. I think this would be great for a lot of pie register users too.

Thanks!

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

We will have a team look at this issue, this could limited to some server, so in this case, will you allow our engineers to look and replicate this issue on your server?

Thanks

evani2003
    Participant

What kind of login information do you need? How/Where can I provide it to you?

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

We will need FTP and WP-ADMIN access, you can provide us using contact
    form at our website.

Thanks

Andrey Oleks
    Participant

I have the same problem at site http://mlminweb.com/register/. How can I consider line breaks? Now all line breaks are deleted after saving. Help Please.

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Thanks for reaching out. Well, we are currently investigating this issue from our end. We will get back to you on this asap.

Thanks

Andrey Oleks
    Participant

Hello! I want to know if You found another solution to my problem with “textarea”. If not, I would like to ask You, as plugin developers, about solution to the problem that I can see for myself.
    I would like to turn off the clipping of “html” characters when writing from the textarea in the database. Could You please tell me in which file is recorded the information from the textarea to the database. So that I could remove HTML clipping. Please, let me know how to do it optimally.
    I understand that with this approach the site will be vulnerable to spam or hackers, but I hope that my small regional project will be of no interest for hackers.

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please look into saveFields function inside pie-register.php

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.