Line break in textarea

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support Line break in textarea

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  evani2003 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Stefan Helling
    Participant

I’m using Version 2.0.14 of Pie Register.
    Is there a possibility to have line breaks in textarea fields?
    Otherwise a long text really looks bad.

Thanks in advance.

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please clarify the issue, line breaks not show up on profile pages?

Thanks

Stefan Helling
    Participant

We want to have a “License Agreement” on the registration form. Of course it is quite long, has a headline and some chapters.
    I want to use a textarea to display the agreement and a checkbox to accept the Service Agreement underneath.
    But the textarea does not respect line breaks as, for example, this forum textaera does.
    Thanks in advance.

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

Hello,

I would recommend putting HTML into Text Editor in Source Mode. Can you
    please try that and let me know if it works?

Thanks

evani2003
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same issue. We are using the “Text Area” field. We want that the users could add some text about themselves in this field. Some users want to add line breaks here, but after saving all line breaks are deleted. Another problem are quotation marks added to this field. Every time after saving, a new slash is added before the quotation mark (after a while it looks like ////////”)
    Please have a look at this issue. It would be gerat to have a tiny mce edior or something like that for the “Text Area” field. I think this would be great for a lot of pie register users too.

Thanks!

evani2003
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same issue. We are using the “Text Area” field. We want that the users could add some text about themselves in this field. Some users want to add line breaks here, but after saving all line breaks are deleted. Another problem are quotation marks added to this field. Every time after saving, a new slash is added before the quotation mark (after a while it looks like ////////”)
    Please have a look at this issue. It would be gerat to have a tiny mce editor or something like that for the “Text Area” field. I think this would be great for a lot of pie register users too.

Thanks!

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

@evani2003,

Can you post us your server info?

Thanks

evani2003
    Participant

Do you mean something like that http://dgkv.info/info.php ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.