Auto login after registration

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pie Register 2 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Patrice Ongla
    Participant

Hi there,

Everything is in the subject. How can I get my users being connected automatically after having validated the registration form ?

Thanx in advance.

Pie Register
    Keymaster

Hi Patrice Ongla,

This feature is due in the upcoming Pro version on PR. Stay tuned, it will be out very soon.

Best Regards,
    Kirmani

Vincent COLIN
    Participant

I have the same problem and what you meant is that this elementary behavior of the plugin was included into the free version before the update to V.3 and now users will have to buy the pro version to keep using the autologin?
    Don’t you think this approach is not very fair? It is not a question of price because the plugin is not so expensive but it is just a state of mind that does not reassure me concerning the next upgrades and other surprises like that…

Patrice Ongla
    Participant

Hi Kirmani,

Thank you for your answer. I agree with Vincent. Removing an important feature from a widely used tool and transfering it to the commercial version is clearly a little bit unfair. And doing it before the avalability of this commercial version is an even more strange policy. An answer onto those points would be welcome. As Vincent said, that’s not a matter of price (we were actually considering of buying the pro version) but a matter of keeping confident with this product.

Regards.

Pie Register
    Keymaster

Hi,

I agree with you only if a feature was removed. This feature was never shipped with any free version of Pie Register. This is being released for the first time in PR’s Pro version.

Best Regards,
    Kirmani

Vincent COLIN
    Participant

This not exactly true Kirmani. The previous free version was connecting directly the user after registration. Since you have released this new version you have changed this behavior in the free version to make it more complicated and to oblige to user to connect manually after his registration.
    So you can consider that you do have removed a behavior from the free version to put it into a futur pro version. But which one? Do you realize that it does change deeply the way people are getting connected on a website?

What could be the next bad surprises on this plugin?

Pie Register
    Keymaster

Vincent, which version are you referring to? Because we never shipped this feature with any free versions. However it was provided to specific users and that was also not for free version. Please check the conversation here. http://pieregister.com/forums/topic/auto-login/page/2/#post-3483

Best Regards,
    Kirmani

Vincent COLIN
    Participant

With the version pie-register-2.0.21, when a visitor register, he is directly connected to his account after registration.

Vincent COLIN
    Participant

Hi Kirmani,

We manage to deal with the autologin problem with the hook of wordpress but we have a problem with the visual editor for the form. It is not working with WP 4.7.4 even with the 3.0.1 version of pie register. The functions in the page do not work either and the automatic emails are not sent but wordpress except for the recovery password email.

Can you help? Do you currently work on a new update – I was about to buy the plugin but there are to many problems for the moment.

Thanks a lot.

Vincent

Pie Register
    Keymaster

Hi Vincent,

Yes we are working on an update and it will be released soon.

Thanks,
    Kirmani

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.