Calendars have been considered a handy tool for quite a long time. Be it to record the events or track meeting schedules; a calendar is all you need for an organized business.
A WordPress event calendar plugin lets you take one step forward in your business. Along with the simple tracks and records, the calendar plugins can be used to schedule and organize small or large scale events, display them to your websites’ visitors, and, depending on the features, also help book and sell tickets.
Benefits of adding Event Calendar Plugins
WordPress calendar plugins not only enhance a company’s productivity but also creates strong communication with potential customers.
On top of that, you become organized, giving you more time to think of ideas and take steps to grow your business.
WordPress calendar plugins have a lot to offer in terms of features. You can:
- Customize the calendars as per your website requirements
- Share details of an upcoming event on your website for the users
- Book, sell or purchase event tickets
- Integrate third-party services like Google or WooCommerce
- Manage multiple calendars simultaneously
Apart from this all, with a premium calendar plugin, you can even collect payments from the customers for advanced event bookings. Without a doubt, these plugins can give a boost to your business.
Our best picks for the Top 5 WordPress Event Calendar Plugins
You can find a significant number of both free and premium calendar plugins in the online marketplace. We have shortlisted the best five plugins categorized based on the features they offer. Here you go with the list:
1. The Events Calendar Plugin
The Events Calendar Plugin is a powerful yet easy-to-use WordPress plugin. It has been downloaded over 13,000,000 times and still counting.
You can manage your events and website calendar with ease using this plugin. The multiple view support, fully responsive design, and advanced search filters make it a catch for anyone.
Some of the most prominent features of this plugin include:
- Multiple views – grid, list, or day by day. Admin can set a default view and let the user choose whatever suits them best.
- Fully responsive for all devices.
- Events can be categorized and labeled with tags for easy searching.
- Import and export of events, venues, and organizers via CSV importer.
- Users can also export individual events.
- Advanced features like recurring events, selling of tickets and can add Facebook integration through add-ons.
The Events Calendar plugin is free to install with almost all the necessary features to start with. The PRO version costs $89 for one site and offers additional features like premium support, beautiful designs, and recurring events with a custom schedule.
2. My Calendar
My Calendar is an easy-to-use free plugin for everybody, be it a designer or a developer. Its flexible view, mini calendar, and custom templates make it a fantastic choice for your website.
It supports individual event calendars and multiple calendars that can be categorized based on location, author, or events list.
The list of features offered by the My Calendar plugin include:
- Grid and list view of the events
- Monthly, weekly and daily view of the events
- Mini calendar for compact display
- Email notifications to Admin
- Shortcode generator
- Custom templates
- Widgets available for the display of today’s event, upcoming events, and event search
My Calendar plugin, as mentioned, is a free plugin offering basic required features. The plugin has PRO versions available for $49 and $199 for a single-year license and permanent license, respectively.
The PRO version has advanced features like user-submitted events, responsive design, advanced search mode, import of events, and more.
3. EventON Calendar Plugin
EventON is a beautifully designed Premium calendar plugin. It is one of the best-selling plugins at the Code Canyon marketplace. With all the colors and images to display, it is sure to make your website bright and lively.
EventON has over 200 features, making it a versatile calendar plugin. Some of its most important features include:
- Easy to use with clear designed tile layout
- Admin can create an event list to show events from multiple months in one place.
- The backend has a unique shortcode generator option, making it a developer’s dream.
- Filter and sorting of events based on variouscategories
- Custom color and Font awesome icons
- Unlimited event images with the option to add locations, maps, and direction
- Display of featured events above other events
- User-friendly interface and a lot of additional add-ons
The plugin is available at $15 for a single site to $80 for up to 25 websites with a yearly license. All plans include premium support and countless features.
4. Events Manager
Events Manager is a free yet full of features plugin. This plugin does not only help to publish and display events but also manages registrations and bookings efficiently.
Be it a single-day event or an event spread over multiple days, the plugin manages all well. You can tag events and sort them into categories.
List of features available include:
- Flexible and advance calendars
- Front-end submission and management with advanced user permissions
- Event images, location images, maps, and thumbnails can be added.
- Bookings can be exported to a CSV file.
- Versatile short-codes with advanced hooks for developers
- Customized booking messages for various events
The PRO version is an add-on for the main calendar. It is priced at $75 for a single site and $150 for five websites, with one year license. The PRO offers premium support, custom payment gateway API, and spam protection with Recaptcha.
5. Booking Calendar
Our last pick, Booking Calendar, is the ultimate free booking system with a beautiful, easy, and simple interface. With this plugin, users can check availability for appointments and make reservations for specific days and time slots.
The plugin has a powerful admin panel with options to approve or deny bookings and set limits per day to avoid double bookings.
The notable features include:
- Email notifications to manage reservations
- Customized forms for booking
- Responsive front-end
- User-friendly yet powerful admin panel.
- Multi-language support
- Multiple bookings for the same day along with multi-user functionality
- Email templates and custom calendar
- Online payment integration for popular gateways
The plugin can be used for all types of booking, client or patient scheduling, event reservations, or equipment rentals. It is an ideal booking system for your website.
The Booking Calendar plugin is free to download. The PRO version starts with $79 for one personal website and goes up to $149 for five websites. The PRO has added features like unlimited independent booking calendars, viewing and synchronizing bookings in the admin panel ad export of bookings in a CSV file.
There you go with our list of the best 5 Event Calendar plugins for WordPress in 2020. Thanks to the feature-packed calendar plugins available, managing and handling events via WordPress is now hassle-free.
It would be best if you decide what features your website and event require and make a pick.
Which calendar plugin you use for your website? If it’s not on our list, let us know in the comments about the exclusive features they offer. We love hearing from you.