zxcvbn-async.min file is loading for all pages

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support zxcvbn-async.min file is loading for all pages

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PIE REGISTER 2 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hemant prakash
    Participant

It is strange that a file zxcvbn-async.min.js for all pages. this is causing delay in loading my site. Also it is causing a mixed content for SSL.
    i am using wordpress 4.2.9 and Pie-Register 2.0.17 in my site carsangrah.com.

Thanks

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

Different plugins including PR enqueue that script for its operation, i dont see that script taking too long to load its a few bytes in size pls make sure you dont have a corrupted one, i would also recommend you to update to the latest version of PR (can be downloaded from Download Center).

Thanks

hemant prakash
    Participant

Thanks @hasnain for quick reply.
    Its OK for me with the delay in loading. But how to solve mixed content issue?

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

Hello,

Well, the said script is WP registered script and it should work well with or without ssl, (unless a plugin deregister and register itself). PR doesn’t de-register it. One potential issue could be your caching plugin, try to flush the cache if it doesn’t work try to update site URL at General Settings page with HTTPS.

Let us know if it works for you.

Best
    Thanks

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

Also can you send ud the URL of your website, so we can take a look why the said script taking time to load on the page?

hemant prakash
    Participant

My site is http://www.carsangrah.com. I am mainly worried for mixed content in SSL.

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

Well, everything looks good on PR ends and its out of PR context but you can try SSL Insecure Content Fixer plugin to solve this issue for you.

Thanks

hemant prakash
    Participant

I checked by downloading latest plugin also. This issue is still present. I think this file is related to password strength meter. Isn’t it? So why is this file required for all the pages?

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

Hello,

PR doesnt register that script so it wont help whether you use an older version or newer version. the problem the way that script is being registered is wrong. You can however deregister, register again and enqueue back the script.

This is how you’d do:

add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts','zxcvbn_script_fix',1);
    function zxcvbn_script_fix(){
        wp_deregister_script( 'zxcvbn-async' );
        wp_register_script('zxcvbn-async', '//YOUDOMAIN.com/wp-includes/zxcvbn-async.min.js',array(),'1.0');
    }

hope it helps
    Best

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.