Translation of strings doesn't work - Pie Register
2018-12-12 18:46:49

Translation of strings doesn't work

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support Translation of strings doesn't work

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pie Register 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

Hi,

I have noticed that there are also other questions regarding translations and it seems there is something wrong. Since version 4 it’s not necessary anymore to use the define('WPLANG', 'nl_NL'); in your config file. Maybe that this is the problem? I can translate all the strings, but they doesn’t show up. I checked also a few scripts and the text-domain looks okay.
    I’m using “Loco translate” for many themes and plugin and it works normally as it should. Any advice, I really like to help.

Pie Register
    Keymaster

hello,

There is a nice post in wordpress forum that address the translation
    issue with wordpress 4.0.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/broken-wplang-_e-functions-not-selecting-good-language

Please let us know if you dont get it work as solutions mention on this
    page so I will have a team look into it for you.

Thanks

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

Hi,
    don’t get me wrong, but other translations are fine (themes, plugins) it’s your plugin where I have the problem.
    It’s a fresh install, so I was able to install the language using the WP admin.

elisa.studioand
    Participant

I was having translations issues too, I’m using WPML for a multilingual site and all the strings translated in the .po were displayed in the main website’s language.

Then I found this post and I moved the function

load_plugin_textdomain( 'piereg', false, dirname(plugin_basename(__FILE__)) . '/lang/');

in pie-register.php from line 83 to line 376 (inside the pie_main() function) and now the translations are working as expected.

Maybe you can consider this change in the next update.

I’m also trying to translate the registration form in each language but I’m afraid that it won’t be possible 🙁

Pie Register
    Keymaster

Thank you Elisa,

We will definitely look into this and update accordingly.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.