Translation of form elements not possible

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support Translation of form elements not possible

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alemones 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MaxM
    Participant

I can’t seem to be able to translate the elements of my registration form.
    e.g. First Name, Last Name, Username, Password etc.

Couldn’t find these things in the .po file.

Do I have to edit the plugin files manually?
    If so, which ones specifically?

Thanks for you help.
    Great plugin!

redhotborscht
    Participant

Hey, I had the same problem (look up my topic “Translation of Username and Password fields”). I got 0 answers as well.

Have you by chance resolved it?

chaoti
    Participant

Some of this terms are in /classes/registration-form.php
    Username and Password come from wordpress… 😉

redhotborscht
    Participant

Chaoti, well, I tried activating Pie-register on a completely unadulterated fresh copy of wordpress localized in russian. In a standard wordpress registration page those fields are translated.
    But in pie-reg they still are “Username” and “Password”. Do you know how exactly the plugin gets those labels from wordpress? This would help, as I could then seek help on WordPress forums to solve this.

And yes, MaxM, consider looking into registration-form.php for First Name and Last Name. I think, it was there, where I have found the message “this field is required” which appears if you don’t fill out a required field during registration.

I wish, all those labels and messages were in the .po file.

chaoti
    Participant

I wish, all those labels and messages were in the .po file.

So do I… And no, I didn’t know how exactly the plugin gets those labels from wordpress. I am not a developer and I am searching, too. :-/

redhotborscht
    Participant

Hello again,
    I am very glad to say that my problem has been sold with the newest release of pie-register. The Username and Password field label are now editable. Woo-hooo! And I have noticed that a great deal of new strings have also been added to .po file. Many thanks to the devs!

One set of labels I still did not find in the .po file appears in the form users see after they click on the %reset_password_url% link in the reset-password e-mail. The missing labels are “New password”, “Confirm new password” and the submit button “Reset password”.

I guess, you are all too busy for an answer, I hope you at least have time to read through. Please, continue the great work and thank you very much for the fix again!

alemones
    Participant

To translate the plugin, you need to open the .PO file inside the lag folder and tranlate it. I start to tranlate in Brazilian Portuguese. Maybe in one week I will send the translation.
    Thanks
    Guilherme
    gbdesigner.com.br

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.