Start using Pie Register in a site that has more than 90k users

Home Forums Installation Start using Pie Register in a site that has more than 90k users

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PIE REGISTER 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

julianm
    Participant

Hi,

I have some very active websites and I am trying to switch to Pie Register in order to manage the members. Especially dealing with fake accounts since most of the daily users registering to my site are using fake emails.

I wanted to ask you:

1) Is there any limitation on the number of users in a WordPress installation in order to use Pie Register? Are you aware about any other websites with more than 100k users using the plugin?

2) Is possible to enable a verification email for all existing users? I mean, sending a verification email to all existing members and after a few days be able to purge those that are not verified?

Thanks,

Julian

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

Hello Julian,

You can use Pie-Register regardless of users count. There is not limitation on number of users in your WordPress. with Pie-Register you can enable Admin Moderation or Email Verification to stop spammers. When you have Email Verification ON and you set the grace period, all the unverified accounts will be deleted when it meets the time limit. Regarding your other question, I am afraid you can not send existence users a verification email with PR, however, you can have a custom code written to accomplish this, you may want to get a quote on this, please use our quote form on our website.

Please feel free to let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks

julianm
    Participant

Hi Mohsin,

Thank you for your response. One more question, please:

If I install the plugin on this site with 90K users with Email Verification ON, what happen with all existing users (who obviously didn’t verify the email before I installed the plugin). Will be these users considered as invalid?

Or, the mechanism to validate users only affect the new users *after* the plugin is installed and activated?

I want to start using your plugin but I am wondering how it will treat existing users.

Thanks,

Julian

PIE REGISTER
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, the mechanism to validate users only affect the new users *after*
    the plugin is installed and activated!

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.