Rest Password

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support Rest Password

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hasnain Abbas 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

freddela
    Participant

I already posted for this problem month ago , but you did not answer . Meanwhile , other users have encountered the same problem.

The problem :
    When users have forgotten their password, they click on “Lost your password? ” , they enter their user name or their address and click the Reset button . They receive the email , they click the link to reset their password.
    The problem is this : instead of having the form provided for entering a new password , they are on the page of the login form with a message that says : Error: You has-been key expired , please reset password again.

Have you find a solution ?

Thanks

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. We have already fixed this error on version 2.0.18. However the latest version is 2.0.20. Please upgrade to the latest version from PR own website.

Thanks

freddela
    Participant

Hello

Thank you for this very good new.

But there is no option to update Pie Register on WordPress . So, if I delete the 2.0.17 version, and I replaced it with the new version, I will lose everything I have personalized (form , Users notifications , css … ) , right?

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

You wont loose anything. I would recommend you to upload and overwrite the updated plugin contents with the existing one and you will all good.

To avoid any inconvenience I would recommend to make a backup for your file and database so in case of any incovenience you can always restore back.

Thanks

freddela
    Participant

Sorry but I do not agree with you
    First step : I delete the old Pie Register version
    Second step : I download and activate the latest version
    Third step : I lost everything !!!

To restore , I have to replace my database by the one I saved before…

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Well, If you delete the old plugin from WP backend, it will defnitely wipe out all the configuration and data. I thought you deleted using FTP. Still I dont understand why would you delete the older version for upgrade? anyways, please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Ryan Exley
    Participant

Hi

I am having the same problem with the reset link saying “The reset key is invalid or no longer exists”

I am already using version 2.0.20 and i am still getting this error

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

This problem was already fixed in 2.0.19. However, if you still encountering the issue, please make sure you copy/paste the link correctly. If you sure you doing it right, then you may want to switch to a different browser, sometime browser caches the page.

Thanks

freddela
    Participant

Hello,

What do you mean by :”please make sure you copy/paste the link correctly” ?

thanks

Ps : my version of PR is 2.0.20

Ryan Exley
    Participant

Hi freddela

I think he means the reset link that is contained in the email.

Although for the vast majority of people there will be no reason to copy/paste as the link should show up as a hyperlink for the users to click on.

I will have to check if its a copy/paste issue by test resetting some of my test accounts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.