Reset Pasword impossible

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support Reset Pasword impossible

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  murat okumu? 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author

freddela
    Participant

When users have forgotten their password, they click on “Lost your password? ” , they enter their user name or their address and click the Reset button . They receive the email , they click the link to reset their password.
    The problem is this : instead of having the form provided for entering a new password , they are on the page of the login form with a message that says : Error: You has-been key expired , please reset password again.
    What is wrong ?

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience this may happen to you. Well, this issue comes up with latest version of WordPress 4.3

We are working to fix this issue.

Thanks

freddela
    Participant

I already use WP 4.3 !

Michael Parker
    Participant

I’ve got this plugin installed and functioning with the exception of the password reset. I get the following error: Error: The e-mail could not be sent.
    Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function…
    it’s not my email, all emails deliver for registration, email edit etc. but not for password reset. I’ve verified the from address setup is the same as the other email settings that are functioning. I’m running wp multisite on wp 4.3 and Pie 2.0.17.

Please help

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello Michael,

Thanks for contacting us regarding Pie-Register. Well, PR uses WP MAIL function to sent out the emails so we dont have any control over it. I would recommend you to use an SMTP plugin. Almost all users having this issue got it to work using SMTP plugin. The plugin we have tested with is WP MAIL SMTP

Thanks

Michael Parker
    Participant

I have installed WP Mail SMTP and confirmed successful set up with a test email but the forgot password function continues to give the same error message. Please advise

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is weird, are you sure you have configured it to send email using SMTP protocol?

Thanks

Michael Parker
    Participant

Yes SMTP works
    i’m stuck in the mudd (*&%*$&

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

I am glad you got it working. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Michael Parker
    Participant

It is not working!
    I replied that SMTP is working but Pie Forgot Password is not working
    Pie Registration emails work but Pie Forgot Password does not work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.