Password Protection Bug is back in latest version

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support Password Protection Bug is back in latest version

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PR Team Member 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

yellowrosemedia
    Participant

Hello there,

I’m running Pie Register 2.0.10 on WP 3.9.1 on this website: http://edegreeadvisor.com

It worked perfectly until I upgraded to the latest version of Pie Register this weekend. Now, none of our password-protected pages allow any logged-in user to input a password – they simply get redirected to the page that we’ve set as the landing page for when they log in. I have tried disabling everything BUT Pie-Register: it’s definitely the plugin that’s causing the conflict.

This is a problem, as we have several password-protected pages on our site that I’ve now had to make public because our entire site revolves around the custom registration form through Pie Register.

I noted, by Googling, that this plugin has had this issue before, with version 2.0.4 but it was fixed in version 2.0.5 – http://wordpress.org/support/topic/conflict-with-password-protected-posts?replies=4

Maybe this issue has re-emerged in the latest deployment? Could the developer kindly look into this or perhaps someone knows a work-around? Many thanks in advance for any help 🙂

PR Team Member
    Keymaster

Hello

Here’s the patch for the problem.
    If you are not convenient modifying Code please download the patch file using This Link.

For all others Please follow the follow the instructions below:

1.) open up pie-register.php in a html editor.
    2.) Find the function pie_main() go to line where it reads:

if((is_user_logged_in() && $pagenow == 'wp-login.php') && ($option['redirect_user']==1   && $theaction != 'logout'))
    {
    	if(!isset($_REQUEST['interim-login'])){
    		$this->afterLoginPage();
    	}
    }

Please replace the above code with the following code snippet:

if($theaction != 'logout' && $theaction != 'postpass' )
    {
    	if((is_user_logged_in() && $pagenow == 'wp-login.php') && ($option['redirect_user']==1   && $theaction != 'logout'))
    	{
    		if(!isset($_REQUEST['interim-login'])){
    			$this->afterLoginPage();
    		}
    	}
    }

Save the file, and you’re done!

I hope it helps, please let us know if you have further questions or queries.

Thanks
    Pie-Register Team

PR Team Member
    Keymaster

Hello

please upgrade to the latest version 2.0.11 Pie-Register

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.