New User must be Authorised Before Logging in? - Pie Register
2018-12-14 14:04:07

New User must be Authorised Before Logging in?

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support New User must be Authorised Before Logging in?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Pie Register 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kat99
    Participant

Hi. How do I set the plugin to NOT allow any users to login until after they are approved by the admin?
    Tnx.

wizofgoz
    Participant

bump! I need this too!

wizofgoz
    Participant

I just figured this out, under General Settings go to User Verification and select Admin Verification. This will send an alert email when a new application is filled out.

Also, the emails are all customizable, from what you get when an application is filled out to what they get, but make sure to edit the right ones and probably do a couple test applications.

Once a user has applied, you can go to Users -> Unverified Users to see who has applied and decide whether to approve them or not.

kat99
    Participant

Hi
    Thanks for the reply.
    When I try this, the admin is notified by email, but the users are automatically verified and able to login.
    – is there a setting somewhere to make sure that people who apply to register for the site must be approved before they can become users and login?
    I know there is a plugin, but that seems to mess with the PIE register (emails/password etc.)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  kat99.

wizofgoz
    Participant

That’s weird, for me after they apply they are placed in the unverified users area and aren’t able to log in until after they are verified :/

Are you using the newest version?

kat99
    Participant

Hi WIZOFGOF
    I have PIE register Version 2.0.10

I have unchecked the box settings > general settings > Anyone can register (though I tried it both ways)

Everytime I have tried registering as a new user, as soon as the form success message appears, I can login immediately.

The user is NOT pending – they are automatically approved

Pie Register
    Keymaster

Please make sure user getting registered through Pie-Register Registration Form. Or Allow Override WP Default Login/Registration Pages option at General Settings page of Pie-Register!

Thanks

pd1566
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. The user registers, but still has access as soon as they register. I need them to not have any access until they are approved.

Pie Register
    Keymaster

Please block WP Default Login pages at PR general Settings page.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.