Can't get it to work

Home Forums Pie-Register 2.0 Support Can't get it to work

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PIE REGISTER 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anna Sue Edwards
    Participant

I did what I thought I needed to but when I put the shortcode on a register page, the shortcode showed up rather than the form. Can I hide a page from anyone who has not registered and logged in? does your software interact with Constant Contact?

Thanks.

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for posting the questions. Well, make sure to put the shortcode in HTML editor mode sometimes the shortcode just don’t work when putting in at VISUAL mode. You can create a special Page Template that checks if the user logged in, if not then redirect to the desired page. PR provides you Hooks and Filters that you can use to integrate PR with Constant Contact.

Best regards.

Anna Sue Edwards
    Participant

I took the shortcode out and entered it in text mode and it still shows the code, not the form.

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

It’s weird. Please double check if the shortcode is correct and can you please post the shortcode you are trying to use?

Thanks

Anna Sue Edwards
    Participant

[pie_register_login]

The software itself is creating a Pie-Register page and putting that in.

Is there a way to change the name of those auto-pages to just Register, Login, etc?

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Thanks for the updated response. The shortcode seems ok to me, I would advise you to try to place this shortcode on a different page and browse the page on a new browser (where you’re not logged in). For your other question: Yes, you can use different pages or can change names for all of those pages generated when PR first installs.

Please feel free to get back to us if you have further more questions.

Best

Anna Sue Edwards
    Participant

I inserted the code on About tim page and here is the message that comes up in an orange box in Chrome and Internet Explorer:

User registration is currently not allowed.

————————————–

When I installed PR, I just ask the Plugins directory to install the zip file. There was no place I saw where I could change the names.

scott miller
    Participant

On your first question, you need to go to the WordPress “Dashboard” and select “Settings…General.” Make sure “Anyone can register” is checked.

For your second question, just locate the login, reset, etc. pages under “Dashboard…Pages…All Pages.” From there, you can use either “Edit” or “QuickEdit” to change the name and. I think, the “slug” associated with the login, reset, etc. pages.

Hasnain Abbas
    Keymaster

Hello,

Looks like you have “Anyone can register” is disabled on your site. Please go to WP Dashboard >> Settings and Check this option.
    Regarding your other question, Its not recommended to change the PR directory name as it can break some or all operations.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Anna Sue Edwards
    Participant

When I in editing mode on one of the Pie-Register pages like Login and I click on the permalink, it takes me to the home screen, not the specific register/login/profile/forgot screen.

Also, the same thing happens if I click on one of those links from the menu links.

When I go to edit mode for one of those pages, I see the shortcode that the software has inserted.

I need answers to this right away, please. My client is eager to launch the site.

I simply cannot get your software to work. Maybe it is my inexperience with it but, if so, I need direction on how to make it function.

There is a link on my menu under Post to Blog called Register. I tried to link it there. If you click on that link, it shows the shortcode but not the form. Support tole me to enter it in text mode, which I did, and it did not fix the issue.

PLEASE HELP!

Additionally, I am not getting email notifications when this topic is updated.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.