In case I have been using an older release, I just downloaded the zip file from this site. Then I deactivated the plugin and ftp’ed the new unzipped files and overwrote the existing files.
I noticed many of the new files did have a different file size so I was very hopeful – then I reactivated the pie plugin.
Then I checked the user_edit form with a demo user in an incognito browser window, but found the exact same issue with the id of the password field. It is set to id=”field-2″ instead of “password_2”. New screenshot:
Note that the password field in the new user registration page is correct. The error only occurs when a logged-in user tries to edit their profile data.