hCaptcha is one of the best and most potent alternatives for Google reCaptcha. It helps to keep your website protected from spam and bot.
In this article, we will show you how to set up the hCaptcha in your registration forms using Pie Register.
If you are new to Pie Register, you may want to take a look at How to Create your First Registration Form using Pie Register.
- Login to your Pie Register WordPress Admin Dashboard and go to Settings.
- Click on the Security tab and scroll down to the reCaptcha, hCaptcha settings.
- From the hCaptcha settings, enable the checkbox for hCaptcha. Enter the Site Key and the Secret Key from your hCaptcha account.
Note: You can only enable one kind of Captcha at a time to avoid conflicts.
- Next, select a language for your hCaptcha. Pie Register supports the following hCaptcha languages: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), English (US), French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
- Save the changes.
To get your hCaptcha keys, sign in to your hCaptcha dashboard.
- For the Site Key, go to the Sites tab and generate a new site key. Copy it.
- For the Secret Key, go to the Settings tab and copy the Secret Key.
- Add the field for hCaptcha from the Advanced fields to your registration form.
hCaptcha has now been set up on your registration forms.
You can also enable hCaptcha to be displayed after a certain number of invalid login attempts on the login and forgot password form.